two long legs...

Thursday, January 27, 2005

Guests

Welcome to you both! :D

Now that I have guests I feel like I should say something intelligent. Hmm...nope, nothing.

Which brings me to a thought that keeps coming up. I'm not funny anymore. I'm not sure if it's a lack of time spent with my funny friends and I never was funny on my own--I just stole their wit, or if I'm lacking in true joy and creativity for some reason. Maybe it's living with Mr. Serious and deep-thinker. He says he likes it when I'm goofy, but I never quite know if he's for real or really scared of what old age will turn me into! Don't get me wrong, Stewy's not boring, but he's not "splits your gut laughing every day" funny. He's amusing. He does things that I just can't help but smile at because he's so sweet...but he's not helping me be funnier. Well, I'm hanging out with Jen this weekend and maybe I can stock up for awhile. This is getting a little distressing for me. I like to make people smile.

My grade 8s think I'm funny. Mostly because I make faces at them...and say things other teachers maybe wouldn't...like this morning...I was trying to help them remember how to spell psychology for their spelling test....so I told them how I remember it, "Piss Y Chol Oh Guy (with no 'u' in 'guy'). For some reason they thought it was funny. I thought it was functional. And sometimes I sing...well, maybe it's what I sing, maybe it's that I'm singing.

Anyway, I don't need to have a side job as a stand-up...

Hope you all (both) have a good day and smile once just to humor me...



1 Comments:

  • At 5:20 PM, Blogger T said…

    Oh man you're funny. I laughed out loud after your first sentance. Sometimes you just need to slap someone silly to remember that you're funny. (OK I don't know what that means) I will be here daily reading (if not hourly like I just did) you are a great read.

    By the way nice name change TL (aka the younger, taller and better looking blogger formerly known as T)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home