two long legs...

Friday, January 28, 2005

Rude Awakening

I'm already feeling sorry for my husband as he's the subject of so many of my ramblings. I admitted to him yesterday that I'd joined the blog world. There was a brief glimmer of fear in his eyes...and there should be.

So while I said yesterday that he wasn't "Split your gut every day" funny, he began to prove me wrong this morning.

Setting
Place:McMillan residence, basement suite, mother-in-law sleeping peacefully upstairs
Time: 7:32 a.m.

TL gets out of the shower and quietly steps down the stairs as to not disturb the slumber of her guest or husband who so fortunately finally has a day off. She's half way down the stairs when she hears a loud gasp, the blanket thrown across the room, and sees her husband dash around the corner while he exclaims, "Is THAT the real time???!!!" She quietly stands there trying to control her laughter at the sight of such morning drama as he stands frozen and staring from the clock to her face and back. In that disbelieving moment she must decide if she will continue to get thrills out of this or if she should relieve his panic. She decides it's just too much fun and watches him slowly clue in and collapse back onto the bed. Besides, now that he's awake, he'll make her morning coffee! He begins to mutter about how he should have heard the test alarm he'd set on his brand new watch...and how the manufacturers just make them too quiet these days. Her mouth begins to water as she anticipates the upcoming mocha.


3 Comments:

  • At 12:03 PM, Blogger Bonnie said…

    That is so funny! I think that he will continue to prove you wrong on the not split-your-gut funny comment. LOL I can just picture the wild look in his eyes. Hope they had a fun trip. We had a great weekend in Edmonton. Talk to you later! Still glad you're blogging - it's the first one I checked when we got home. :)

     
  • At 1:21 PM, Blogger Jennifer Swanepoel said…

    Alarm clocks are from the devil. They sure do ruin a day off when you forget to switch them off!! (as my husband also has done on a number of occasions!)
    -Jen

    BTW, I just stumbled across your blog today, I think it's great, look forward to reading more from you!

     
  • At 3:30 PM, Blogger Mrs. Ramsey said…

    taralee, you're anything but boring, you know that! such an interesting lass...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home