two long legs...

Friday, September 09, 2005

Changes

Life is always full of them...and the past few months have been no exception.

First, we got new carpet in our bedroom. Thanks to a flood of sewage, we got rid of the diamonds we'd loathed for 1 year. God is so good...;)

We built a deck behind our house...and put in a garden door so that we can see it. It's been the home to many conversations and I anticipate even more next summer. I also anticipate actually going into our garden next summer...instead of just supervising it from the kitchen.

Stew's brother got a new heart. Exciting, scary, long rehab away from family. He's doing really well and we're looking forward to him being home with his family in a couple of weeks. His kids are really looking forward to it, too!

We're having a baby. At least we're 14 weeks on the road to that end! We're excited, nervous, scared, overwhelmed, giddy, in awe...and all those other things that come before such a huge life change. We heard the heartbeat on Wednesday for the first time. I'd like to say it was a sweet sound (and it was a very precious sound), but all it reminded me of was fat being slapped! What kind of mother will I be if I make everything into a joke? It was cool to hear the difference between blood flowing through the baby's heart and blood flowing through the umbilical cord. I'm impressed my midwife can tell so easily! Anyway, I'm sure there will be many more updates on this in the future.

Today my angels are coming over. I miss them. They haven't been over for so long...well, at least that's what it feels like! Looking forward to their hugs and kisses.

School has started and my kiddos are great. I'm so looking forward to getting to know them all. The resource part of my load is bigger than usual and I'm looking forward to when I have it 'under control'...as if that will ever fully happen!

Changes, changes...I'm hoping one of them will be writing more often...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home