two long legs...

Monday, September 12, 2005

Smiles from me...

So I have new grade 8s this year. That's always hard for me since I spend so much time getting to know the kiddos each year...and then they continue on without me. I'm finding though, that this year promises unique personalities, many laughs, struggles and triumphs just like any other year. I'm so thankful that God is so creative.

So the new students in my 04 class...they make me smile. Some are lower functioning than what I'm used to, but in that is an innocence and eagerness that is often lost in high school students. It's refreshing...and challenging. Also, it brings with it the need to teach different material which excites me! Learning how to tell the time again...something we take so for granted...I'm not sure how to teach that!

And the students that remain in 04 from the past years...well, they make me smile, too. I told them today that I was expecting a baby in March and one of their responses was, "My dog had five puppies." Oh, so socially inappropriate and yet so exactly where they are at. I had to chuckle and say, more for my benefit than theirs, that I was only going to have one at a time.

Thank you, Lord, for a job that I love and these precious people you've entrusted to me every day. May they feel safe, important, and special in my room.

2 Comments:

  • At 4:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey you're back! I love the little ticker so I can keep track of another one of my little expected grandchildren! What a year this will be! Also, glad that you are enjoying school again. I had a rather hectic and harried week of school last week, but things this week are smoothing out nicely. Most of my frustration from last week was my resolve to convert to a powerpoint teacher (you know, the grandma who is up with the times!) but my pride came crashing down when I couldn't get the equipment to work right! Everything that could go wrong, did go wrong! Today, I had my first class when I didn't need to call for help with the electronics - I got all set up myself and things worked splendidly! Look after that little one!
    Love, Mom McM

     
  • At 10:32 AM, Blogger TL said…

    Well, aren't you just the happening grandma! I'm proud of you that you undertook such a technological risk. It seems every time I get a powerpoint ready and book the lab to show it to my students, someone steals the projector thinking I only need the computers. Oh, so frustrating...but it's happened a few times!
    Thanks for dropping in...I'm excited about the ticker, too. It took forever just to get it into the right spot, but now it's all good!
    Say hi to dad and hopefully we'll see you soon!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home