two long legs...

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Perfect Husband

Ok, so "perfect" might be a misleading word...but he's perfect for me! He's just so giving and loving and understanding...
I would say we had one of the most perfect evenings yet...
After school, I went to wash the car and pick up a treat for him...and then to pick him up. We're a one-car family right now (which really appeals to the Hippie in him and the budget-crazed inner me) so we have to do the taxi thing. Anyway, washing the car makes me feel like a queen because there's just nothing like a shiny piece of metal. Anyway, he was impressed that I'd spent my time that way, and I felt productive before I even got home!
When we finally did get home, we started supper together and opted for one of those meals that has 10 minutes of prep and an hour of baking time. With supper in the oven and Stewy in the shower, I quickly prepared the only thing I could think of that would be a new and hopefully exciting treat for him. I got the foot bath ready and put in the new Ani DeFranco CD I'd just bought him (which deems me the "perfect wife") and waited for his shower to be over. He's often watched me give one of my girlfriends a pedicure and remarked later that it looks like it feels good...so I gave him one. He wasn't disappointed. He has nice feet...much nicer than mine. I hope when we have kids, they have his feet and he hopes they have my chin! Silly boy.
We followed that with a wonderful supper...which he cleaned up because he argues that I did most of the cooking and we have the "I cook you clean up" rule at our house. Cooking was a team effort, but I let him clear the table.
His treat for me followed. We got into the car and he turned to me and proclaimed that we were going to buy me perfume, but that my best friend Jen hadn't been enough help and now we'd have to pick it out together. :D Oh, darn. So, another fun activity with my Scooby.
We ended up at my brother-in-law's volleyball game and played with my two angels...and then back home to watch the taped version of 'The Bachelorette'.
A fun, relaxed, thoughtful time with the person I love. Happy Valentine's to us!

3 Comments:

  • At 2:20 PM, Blogger Jennifer Swanepoel said…

    What a sweetie! He sounds like a keeper.

    Hey, thanks for the link! Just discovered it. Cool! :)

    -Jen

     
  • At 9:28 PM, Blogger T said…

    Hey TL, I like what you've done with the place. I have already got 2 hits from your links. cool

     
  • At 3:41 PM, Blogger Mrs. Ramsey said…

    oh taralee... it took me forever to stumble across your blog. why didn't you tell me you were doing one!?!?!?!?!? anyway, nice to hear you had such a lovely valentine's day, and i'll be sure to add you to my list of links as 'the girl with the nicest ass' on my blog... maybe. we'll see. miss you tonnes!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home