two long legs...

Monday, February 14, 2005

Valentine's Day

I used to call it "Black Monday" or whatever day of the week it fell on that year. Of course my favorite was, "Black Sabbath". Those were special years.
Anyway...this is Stewart and my first Valentine's together. I'm assuming it will be much like the last 27 V-days as our plans are to eat supper and watch tv or something. We're pretty low-key people if you haven't already figured that out...and we love to just hang out with each other. I think the plan is to make our wedding meal for supper...and then watch The Bachelorette. I know it's pathetic, but when you're as tired as we are today, it's just the perfect thing!
Life's too busy. Any hints as to how to slow down and enjoy more of it???? I'm learning to say no, but how do you decide what to say no to?

3 Comments:

  • At 6:08 PM, Blogger Bonnie said…

    Hey Taralee, glad you're back to blogging. Happy Valentine's Day. :)
    I think when we work full time, try keep up on our house, try to stay involved in some sort of ministry at church, have a friend or two in our life, BLOG, shop for groceries and other necessities, spend time with our spouse, work out every now and then, and still find time to sleep it is amazing! That's why I can't wait until I don't have to work fulltime anymore. :) I'm sure I'll miss it some then, but, not today. LOL I don't know how some other people seem to do it all so well, but I find it hard to say NO to 'good' things as well. Have a fun evening! love Bonnie!

     
  • At 8:05 AM, Blogger Jennifer Swanepoel said…

    What a profound question you have sent out into cyberspace! I've been thinking the same thing. There's just so much *stuff* going on, it's hard to prioritize it. I guess we need to think about what will benefit us most in the long run, without harming us in the short run. Example, in the long run, I'll benefit more from spending more time with friends and family, but in the short run, I *must* complete all my schoolwork if I want to earn a degree. I think it's all a giant balancing act. Oh, that we could all be Chinese acrobats....
    Jen

     
  • At 9:00 AM, Blogger TL said…

    Hey girls...
    Yes, life is just a huge balancing act. I suppose my biggest frustration as of late is that "try to stay involved in some sort of ministry at church" is actually filling up a LARGE part of my after work schedule. It's frustrating because I love our church so much and want to use my gifts there, but in order to do all the rest without feeling like my head's going to fall off is really difficult. I'm SO fortunate to have a husband that loves to help around the house!
    Well Bonnie, I think you've got it covered. I'm just going to have to have a baby. I bet I could even get out of some of my church ministries with that excuse! :D

     

Post a Comment

<< Home