two long legs...

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

About those long legs...

So my latest frustration with pregnancy has been the arduous task of finding maternity pants that are long enough. I have one pair...which I'm not wearing yet as I refuse to ditch the clothes that still sort of fit because I don't want to be COMPLETELY sick of the pants by Christmas...from Tall Girl, but the other options there are just nasty. Now, I admit, I could buy the other color of the pants that I bought and like, but that just isn't my style either. So, I suppose that's the inevitable...I must toss 'my style' for this period of time. I have friends that keep oooing and ahhhhing over their 'oh so cute pregnant friends' and I so badly want to be somewhat attractive even during this time. The frustration comes with experiences like...I found some pants on gap.com which will probably be long enough...however, they are only available online, and they are only available for residents of the US. GRRRR!! I found a parcel service whose address I could use to order the items, but alas, I can't order them because my billing information for my credit card is in Canada. What is with the closed-mindedness of people down there??? I just don't understand why they wouldn't at least let you pay from Canada even if they don't want to ship here. Good grief. So, I continue my search...and continue feeling like I'm going to have to sacrifice a couple of pairs of pants that I love and paid dearly for...to try to sew my own maternity pants. That just sounds like a disaster to me. I think I will seek help!
Alright, my rant is over...and if you have some advice, I'll take it!

3 Comments:

  • At 10:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 12:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i'm going through the saaaame thing (boooo-hoooo) i'm 5'8" but all legs and its been a bear to find some pants to fit me. i'm very tiny (125lbs pre-pregnancy) so i'm all belly. can you share any websites with me?

    rahromero@gmail.com. thanks!!!

    and congrats and good luck on your baby. not too far to go now.

     
  • At 3:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    IF your still having pant problems, I would be happy to buy them for you from down here in the States and then send them to you. I lived in Canada for a while and understand how "closed minded" we can be. So I am trying to do my part to help those who are in need of some Amrican goodies. just let me know, and I admit, that I am a friend of some of your in-law's.

    sweeper_23@hotmail.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home